Sunday, June 15, 2008

THE FIRST AUDITION - Washington, DC

I auditioned the first time for Jeopardy! in February of 2005. At that time, if you were fortunate enough to get an audition time you were invited to take a 50-question test with about 100 other people. If you passed, you stayed to play a mock game and participate in an interview with the contestant coordinators. My audition was in DC, and was run by Maggie, the extremely energetic Contestant Executive. I passed the test (along with about 12 others), but apparently did not "wow" Maggie and the others in the mock game and interview because I wasn't called during the year we were told we would be in the pool. I should note that I was at "podium" 3 in the mock game, and someone named Sven was at podium 1. (The significance of this will become clear later). Also, my first post on the Jeopardy! Message Board was after this audition - I had lurked for a while but when Sven's wife posted about the chances of getting called for the show after an audition, I responded by writing that I thought Sven was a shoe-in for a Call. I was wrong. Then.

To the next installment - THE ONLINE TEST

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave! I had FORGOTTEN it was you who responded to that post on the J! board about chances of getting on the show... it was just all so coincidental. I've really enjoyed watching your run since I wasn't able to see it live.

Melissa (Sven's wife)