Saturday, June 21, 2008

GOING HOME

The taping day was over. We walked out of the studio and into the sunlight. Just ahead, leaning against a wall talking about whatever Jeopardy Superstars talk about, were Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter, and Bob Harris. I decided I didn't mind being the ultimate Jeopardy nerd - I strolled over and asked for their autographs. They obliged, and even complimented me on my gameplay.

They also signed autographs for my daughter - Rutter signed, "To a future Jeopardy! Champion."

A few steps away, a group of folks who had been in the audience stopped me. They wanted MY autograph. Pretty cool, I thought.

Of course it would've been nice to win that last game, but it worked out nicely. We were able to spend the next day playing Southern California Tourist, with a stroll along Venice Beach (including the famous Muscle Beach) to dip our toes in the Pacific Ocean, a walk along the Hollywood Walk of Fame, a drive through Beverly Hills, and dinner at famous Pink's Hotdog Stand.

Before we knew it, the day, and our adventure, was over, and we were on the overnight flight back east.

Only 89 days til the airdate!


To the Next Installment - ODDS AND ENDS, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your moment of fame at the Sony Studios. I've read a lot of blogs from people who were on Jeopardy, and I thought yours was great, and very well written. I'm sorry your games had to end, but I'm sure Sven is glad he got a chance to play.