Friday, March 13, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It's the Monday before Thanksgiving, November 24. I come home in a car that smells like chili (that's what I brought to our staff Thanksgiving luncheon that day). I pull into my driveway, and notice the Fed Ex envelope leaning against the front door. Blue and orange are my new favorite colors.

I run up the walk and, sure enough, the return address on the envelope is Culver City! I rip open the envelope, and read . . .

"Congratulations! You are invited to play in the upcoming Jeopardy Tournament of Champions."

How about that? If you've read the rest of this blog, you know that I had auditioned in May, 2006 (yes, 2006) after taking the online test that February. I had gotten the Call to be on the show in February, 2008, and taped in June. After waiting all that time, I was ecstatic just to get on the show, and just hoped I wouldn't embarrass myself. Maybe I could even win one game.

But now, almost two years after that online test that started it all, I'd be flying to Las Vegas to compete in the Tournament of Champions! Wow.

I needed to study.

To the next installment - TO LAS VEGAS

No comments: