Friday, March 13, 2009

THE ALMOST, WELL SORT OF, TOC CALL

Friday, November 14. I checked messages on the downstairs phone. Karen was upstairs. The first message went something like this:

  • Hello, Dave, this is Tony Pandolfo of the television game show Jeopardy! Please call me back to talk about the Tournament of Champs. (Phone numbers.)
The very loud sound I made got Karen's attention - "What's wrong?!!!"

"It's Tony from Jeopardy!"

Upstairs, she made a similar sound.

I called back and found out that although it wasn't for sure yet as they had a couple more weeks of shows to tape, the odds were very good that I would be in the TOC. Tony asked me if I could clear my calendar January 6-11. The shows would be taped in Las Vegas at the Consumer Electronics Show January 8 and 10, but I'd be flown out on the 6th and fly back on the 10th. I told him no way could I go then, I would just be too busy.

Not really.

I told him of course I could go. AND WHEN WOULD I KNOW FOR SURE?

Tony said I should get a packet in early December if I had indeed made the cut.

I hung up. The TOC was getting closer to being a reality.

I needed to study.

To the next installment - HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments: